15 Jul MimioStudio Software
Interactive whiteboard software built for any technology in the classroom and any teaching style.
- Integrates all MimioClassroom™ products with one easy-to-use software package.
- Supports collaborative learning for up to 50 students with the NEW, expanded Collaborate feature. The teacher can also pause student sessions, share them in any combination on the front-of-the-class display, or hide all the sessions.
- NEW ‒ Connect up to three mobile devices using the MimioMobile app, free with any MimioStudio software or hardware license. Connect every mobile device in the classroom with the purchase of an annual MimioMobile license.
- MimioMobile license allows the use of Apple and Android devices for summative and formative assessment and for student collaboration on the classroom display.
- Teachers can create assessments with short-answer, short-essay, and numeric student responses, preparing students for upcoming Common Core assessments that will be using open-response test items.
- Includes MimioStudio Gradebook, which automatically records multiple-choice, numeric, and short-answer responses to assessment questions, and eliminates the need for teachers to hand-grade tests.
- Designed to be used with interactive whiteboards and displays from other manufacturers, with support for pens, single touch, multi-touch, and gestures.
- Imports files from SMART, Promethean, PowerPoint, Common File Format (IWB), and video, so teachers can use content they already have.
- ActivityWizard offers a built-in knowledge engine to help teachers generate educationally sound and engaging teaching activities in minutes.
- MimioStudio Notebook – multi-page workspace
- Easy-to-use toolbar with powerful interactive tools
- Object locking
- Adjustable transparency
- Object cloning
- Templates and backgrounds
- NEW ‒ MimioStudio software allows up to 3 mobile-device connections with the MimioMobile app. Connect every mobile device in the classroom with the purchase of an annual MimioMobile license.
- The NEW, expanded Collaborate feature allows full classroom options (up to 50 student devices) for collaborative learning, with any mix of MimioPad tablets and mobile devices running the MimioMobile app.
- Pass desktop control to students who are using MimioPad tablets and/or Apple and Android devices equipped with the MimioMobile app.
Content and Resources
- MimioStudio Gallery
- ActivityWizard – built-in activity creator
- Online Gallery – free resources from mimioconnect.com
- DigiCore K-6 content – includes CCSS-based collaboration modules
- Color settings
- Brush tool
- Pen tool
- Line styles
- MimioStudio Gradebook: Store testing results automatically from MimioVote™ assessment and the MimioMobile app.
- Answer short-essay, short-answer, or numeric-response questions, when using a mobile device with the MimioMobile app for assessment.
- Percentage and points-based grading
- Export to third-party-compatible grade-book formats, including CSV
- ExamView importer (Blackboard 6.0 – 7.0 format)
- Animations – Teachers can select from a number of preset animations and apply them to an object or group of objects.
- Shape recognition
- Multi-language handwriting recognition
- Embedded audio, video, and Flash files
- Imports audio, video, and Flash files
- Audio and video remain active in imported PowerPoint files
- Multimedia drag-and-drop
- Records audio, video, and screen
- Integrated with MimioView™ document camera, to record doc cam activity.
- Video playback controls: Play/pause/rewind embedded files.
- Hardware integration: Compatible with MimioClassroom hardware and mobile devices equipped with the MimioMobile app.
- Use with third-party interactive display products with the purchase of a user, site, or district license.
- Marker capture
- File attachment
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Onscreen keyboard
- Macintosh, Windows and Linux operating systems
- Controls all MimioClassroom hardware devices.
- File import flexibility: Import SMART Notebook, Promethean ActivInspire, PowerPoint, Word, and Common File Format (IWB), with minimal reformatting.
- Export Gradebook to CSV report format.
- Export to HTML, PDF, Common File Format (IWB), and image formats.
- Screen resolution: 1024 x 768 and higher.
- Standard file format: Proprietary INK file format.
- Windows XP*, Vista*, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10
- Mac OS 10.6*, 10.7*, 10.8*, 10.9, 10.10 and 10.11
- Linux Fedora and Ubuntu
- Windows 7 or higher required for multi-touch and gestures
- For specific system requirements, please visit the downloads page.
MimioStudio software supports the following languages:
* Version 11 is the last major version of MimioStudio software that will support the Windows XP, Windows Vista and Mac 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8 operating systems.
** User Guides and Help topics for these languages are available in English only.
- Evaluation Mode – Try the full-featured version of MimioStudio software free for 30 days.
- Standard – Bundled with most MimioClassroom hardware.
- For use with any interactive hardware display:
– User – Single-person license
– Site – For a single site or building
– District – For multiple sites within a district
- Limited – Available as a free download from mimio.com to play and edit files using limited features.
Which Mimio products are compatible with MimioStudio software?
The current generation of MimioClassroom products is fully compatible with MimioStudio software. The Mimio Interactive Xi and Mimio Capture for Xi devices, which are products of our previous generation, are also perfectly compatible with our MimioStudio software. In order to access the greatest and newest features, consider always upgrading to the latest MimioStudio version.
What is the process for handling a “blended environment,” where a school already has some Mimio devices?
For blended environments, we will offer a discount to upgrade the school to a SITE license. The discount will be based on the number of classrooms using a Mimio device.
What happens if you change computers or get a new computer?
With a STANDARD MimioStudio license, the software is activated via a hardware connection, so no additional steps are required to use the software on a new computer. In the case of a SITE MimioStudio or MimioMobile license, all computers associated with a site may be enabled, so no additional steps are required to use the software on a new computer. For a USER MimioStudio license, the existing computer must be deactivated before a new computer can be enabled. At this time, the only way to accomplish this is by contacting Customer Support.
Where are Collaborate sessions stored?
All sessions from Collaborate are stored in the MimioStudio Gallery.
Can the Collaborate feature be used without the MimioMobile app?
Yes. The Collaborate feature is available with an activated version of MimioStudio software, and can be used with the MimioPad tablet.
Is MimioStudio 11 software backwards compatible with previous versions?
Yes. Files created with MimioStudio 11 software will be backwards compatible with MimioStudio 9 software, unless the file contains:
- A new question object (numeric, short answer, and short essay).
- An animation that contains a trigger.
What version of PowerPoint does the user need to support object-level import?
PowerPoint 2010 and above is required. With previous versions, data will be imported as background images.