15 Jul MimioTeach Portable Interactive
Interactive whiteboards can be expensive and complicated, and most must be permanently installed. Not anymore. Now teachers can place the small MimioTeach™ interactive whiteboard on the dry erase boards they already have, push two buttons, and – just like that – they have a full-featured interactive whiteboard for a fraction of the cost of conventional fixed whiteboards.
- Turns any conventional dry erase board into an interactive whiteboard
- Magnetically attaches to any steel dry erase board surface. Mounting brackets are available for non-metallic surfaces.
- Very large interactive area – up to 82” or 104” (with 16:9 display support)
- A fraction of the price of fixed systems
- Lightweight, portable & simple to install − permanently or temporarily
- Integrated wireless
- Rechargeable stylus
Minimum Software Requirements
- MimioStudio 7 and higher on a Windows, Mac, or Linux OS.
- For specific system requirements, please visit us at mimio.com/support/downloads.
- USB (USB 2.0 compliant).
- USB Cable—“micro-B” USB connector. MimioHub™ wireless receiver will connect via USB to the PC.
Data Transfer Rate—USB
- Full-speed USB (12 Mbps).
- 5V – 100mA DC via micro-USB
MimioTeach Bar Dimensions
- 375.4 mm H x 68 mm W x 38 mm D (14.8 in. H x 2.7 in. W x 1.5 in. D)
- Bar: 305 g (10.75 oz)
- Stylus: 30 g (1 oz)
- Bar and Stylus: 335 g (11.82 oz)
Whiteboard Active Area (per device)
- Interactive mode with projector supports 1.5 m x 2.4 m (5 ft x 8 ft), up to 2.5 m (8.3 ft) standard aspect-
ratio diagonal projection display, and 2.9 m (9.4 ft) diagonal in wide-screen mode.
- Ultrasound at 40 kHz (frequency) + Infrared at 940 nm (wavelength).
- Uses single 3.7 V Lithium-Ion rechargeable cell with 70 mAh capacity.
- Stylus recharges when docked in cradle on left side of MimioTeach bar.
- The battery life is approximately 90 hours under typical classroom use.
- Two buttons on the stylus activate functions Right-Click and MimioStudio Tools.
- Solid Teflon replaceable tip ensures ultra-smooth action on all board or screen surfaces.
Resolution & Tracking Speed
- Signal tracking frequency 87 times per second.
- Signal tracking speed 2.7 m (9 ft) per second.
- 4,800 x 9,600 line effective resolution on 1.2 m x 2.4 m (4 ft x 8 ft) board.
- MimioTeach bar should be mounted in the center of the left side of the whiteboard in a location outside the projection area.
- Sensors must face a projected surface that is within the maximum Active Area range of the device.
- Minimum 3-inch gap between edge of projected image and edge of MimioTeach bar.
Controls & Indicators
- 2 push-button functions on the MimioTeach bar: Interactive mode and Calibrate/Re-calibrate
- 1 Indicator: Link
- Operating: 16°C to 38°C (60°F to 100°F). (Higher than 80°F/27°C will cause slight inaccuracy for ink capture.)
- Storage: -20°C to 35°C (-4°F to 95°F.) (1 year set by battery) -20°C to 45°C (-4°F to 113°F). (1 month set by battery) -30°C to 60°C (-22°F to 140°F). (Absolute Maximum)
- Operating: 15% to 75% non-condensing.
- Storage: 0% to 90% non-condensing.
- Enables a dedicated 2.4 GHz bidirectional point-to-point wireless connection to the computer through the MimioHub, a USB “thumb drive” receiver with maximum range of 9 m (30 ft).
- Does not require Bluetooth, special card, wireless networks, or wireless PC.
- MimioHub is a standard USB device using HID drivers, and comes paired with MimioTeach.
- MimioHub can be stored in the back slot of the MimioTeach bar when not in use.
Wireless Data Transfer Rate
- 250 Kbps
Certification & Compliance
- Wireless: FCC, IC, CE, C-Tick, COFETEL, SCRF, SRMC, TELEC, RRL, TRA, ANRT, ANATEL, WPC, DGPT, CTI, MIC, SIRIM, MOC, CNC, SUBTEL, CRT, SUTEL, BURTEL, CONATEL, SIGET, SIT, PUC, TELCOR, ERSP, OSIPTEL, TATT, URSEC, UrkSEPRO, ICASA, NTRA, CITC, NCC.
- Safety: UL/CSA/EN/IEC 60950-1 (CE & TUV NRTL) C-Tick, NOM, KCC, GOST, ANATEL, SII, UrkSEPRO, NCRS, VoC, CQC. EMC: FCC, IC, CE, C-Tick, GOST, KCC, ANATEL, SII.
- Environmental: RoHS, WEEE, REACH compliant.
- Computer USB or batteries as primary power source enable “Start up and Go” in any country.
International AC Adapter for AC-powered use.
- Mimio hardware is warranted for 2 years from date of purchase, with an additional 3 years with product registration at mimio.com/warranty, for a total of 5 years.
- MimioStudio software is supplied with a limited lifetime warranty, expiring 1 year after discontinuation of the product.